Who we are
Showers and Sprinkles is a sole trader specialising in mother and baby gift hampers.
Our website address is: https://showersandsprinkles.co.uk.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- We collect data when you use our website to provide functionality, enhance your experience and measure usage.
- Personal information collected is used to only process orders made
- We do not share your data with any third parties unless we are required to do so by law.
We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal information you provide to us in order to process your order.
Information We Collect
- Information about the device used to access and usage including your IP address, location, browser, referral, length of visit, page views and navigation.
- Information relating to any good added to your basket and/or purchased.
- Details provided during registration and/or placing an order including your first name, last name, email address, password, phone number, billing address, delivery address and payment details.
- Any other personal information you choose to send to us.
How Information is Used
We use the information we collect to:
- Make our products and services available to you.
- Personalise your shopping experience.
- Process an order made through our website.
- Analyse usage data via third party to whom we disclose anonymous usage data. We use Google Inc (http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/) to analyse data.
- Collect payment via a third party to whom we disclose your contact and payment details.
- Deliver good ordered via a third party to whom we disclose your contact details. We use Royal Mail plc (http://www.royalmail.com/privacy-policy) and Hermes (https://www.myhermes.co.uk/privacy-policy)
- If you have opted for us to do so, contact you about our products and services via our newsletters.
- Internal accounting and reporting purposes.
How Do Showers and Sprinkles store your Information?
- Showers and Sprinkles adopt industry best practices to store your information securely.
- We will retain any information collected indefinitely but never for longer than is necessary. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with law and regulation.
- Details that are saved to your account or used to place an order they may be stored for up to 1 year.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier that is sent by a web server to a web browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contact any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and identify users returning to a website.
We use both session and persistent cookies on our website.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Please read our Cookies Policy
If you enter your details on our contact form, we will only use this to keep you informed of any offers, new products that are related to baby shower gifts and hampers. We do not pass your information to any other party for marketing purposes.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Responsibility to Young People
We will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised person under the age of 18 years. If you are under the age of 18 years, you must not use the website or submit any personal data to us unless you have the consent of and are supervised by a parent or guardian.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
- To ask us what personal information we hold about you, at the time specified by law.
- To ask us to update or correct any incorrect personal information we hold about you.
- To opt-out of any marketing communications that we may send you by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page when using our website to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.